Monday, September 15, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDI

Happy Birthday Cindi! (sorry it's spelled wrong!)

Julie Campbell and I in class.

Etched pieces made by Julie in class tonight.  Great work Julie!

Tonight I taught an acid-etching on metal class at Bead Haven.  I really like this class.  I mean, hammering on metal and submerging things in a caustic vat of acid, what could be better?  Seriously, if you haven't tried the acid-etching thing yet, you really should give it a try.  The acid that is used for brass, copper and nickel silver is ferric chloride, a fairly weak acid that is very safe if used with care.

Tonight was also my excellent friend Cindi's birthday.  You have to love a person who coaxes you out for margaritas right before you're supposed to teach a class, a class using a torch!  Here's to you Cindi!  You are one of the youngest spirited people that I know and I'm glad to call you my friend!

No comments: