Monday, February 9, 2009

METAL-FORMING CLASS

Mary, texturing some copper with a flex-shaft.

Allison, polishing a textured brass disc.

Cindi, looking like she might hurt me!

Rosalee, putting a mighty fine texture on that brass!

Rosalee, applying texture with a steel stamp.

Mary using the two-hole punch, one of my favorite tools.

Some people, like Cindi, are over-achievers.

Allison's finished pieces.  I love that satin finish on the bottom pieces.

Rosalee's finished pieces. My favorites are on the upper right.

Mary wins the award for best heat-patination of the evening!


Tonight, I taught a metal-forming and texturing class at Bead Haven.  We had so much fun.  I swear that women love using tools, especially power tools even more than men do.  I know that's not the usual perception, but every time I teach a class involving hammers, torches, saws, flex-shafts, etc., the students have the best time.  Which always makes it so much more fun for me.  There's nothing better that a class full of really interested, engaged people.  I can completely relate, because I do so love all of my tools!  Thanks for making class so much fun tonight, ladies!

2 comments:

Gail said...

That heat patina looks nice....and Cindi does look like she is going to beat you with that hammer.

Jeanne Craine said...

Great results from your students!! AND, I love the lime chartruse green wall against the black background of your blog!!!