Saturday, December 20, 2008

WINTER STARTS TOMORROW?

Beautiful Sophie wishes for porch weather

Winter view from my porch

White pines in winter

Winter doesn't even start until tomorrow morning and yet we have blizzard and wind chill warnings.  It is very cold, but I must admit I actually like winter (except for driving on ice!).  I think it's really beautiful.  I love how still it seems to be outside at night when it's snowing.  It's one of my favorite times to go for a walk.   Not tonight though.  The wind is buffeting my house and I'm happy to be inside writing this in front of the fireplace with a kitty on my feet.  
I've always loved extremes of weather.  This is a lucky thing considering that I live in Iowa where people joke that if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes.  

2 comments:

Jeanne Craine said...

I love the photos, Cris!
Merry Christmas!

Cristina Leonard said...

Thanks Jeanne! I think the prettiest one is Sophie!
Merry Christmas to you too!