Saturday, June 13, 2009

STUDIO CLASS

Ann and me.  I wish I'd gotten a photo of Mary too.

Mary's water-etched piece, in progress.

Ann's Keum-Boo (layered gold) pendant and her molded charm with a amethyst-colored cz.  Ann got such a great patina on her Keum-Boo piece.

Mary's ginko leaf, Keum-Boo pendant.  I like how she layered gold on only one leaf.

All of Mary and Ann's finished pieces.  Not a bad day's work.


Today, I had two students in the studio for a private class.  They were really good students, but also good-hearted and lots of fun.  It was especially fun for me, because they just wanted to learn a lot of techniques, and weren't so interested in making, for example a bracelet, start to finish.  I love that.  Not that it isn't fun to see a project through to the end, it is, but it's also great when you can just explore a series of techniques.  It was a full day.  We worked on water-etching, silicone mold making, firing stones in place, Keum-Boo, and joining pieces together with nail rivets.  That's a lot of information in one day and they handled it beautifully.  Thanks for coming such a long way to spend the day with me, ladies!

4 comments:

Jeanne Craine said...

What beautiful pieces!!

Unknown said...

Great pictures of the day's work and a cute picture of teacher and student!

Mary P. said...

They did make beautiful pieces. Maybe I am biased - your students are my aunt and cousin!

Will you be adding your work on etsy soon?

Cristina Leonard said...

I'd have to agree with you Mary! They are really sweet and fun students!
Yes, I will be adding things soon, as soon my laziness subsides!