Thursday, June 4, 2009

BEAD AND BUTTON: DAY 4 AND 5

A doorway, that from a distance we thought had fancy ceramic Koi fish sculptures attached, turned out to be very nicely painted milk cartons.

Milwaukee architecture.

The bracelet that I made in Susan's class.

Another view of my bracelet.


Yesterday, I had a day off from classes.  I spent it wandering around Milwaukee a bit and finally seeing something aside from the inside of Midwest Airlines Center.   Milwaukee has lots of great architecture that really reminds me of Chicago.
Last night was the Meet the Teachers event.  Attendance was a bit low, as it seems to be for the entire show.  Not many of the classes are full and that's really too bad for the teachers.  
Today, I had a class with Susan Lenart Kazmer.  Susan is a very interesting, enthusiastic teacher.  She's very free spirited and her classes reflect that.  There's a lot of fast paced problem solving and on the fly adaptation in her classes.  I'm a thinker when I'm working, I like to ponder problems, so her classes are challenging for me in the first hour or two.  I must say, I'm thrilled with the bracelet that I made in her class.  I'd love to adapt the technique for a project that I could teach my own students.  It was  a lot of fun.  

2 comments:

Jeanne Craine said...

I LOVE this bracelet-just beautiful, Cris!

Cristina Leonard said...

Thanks, Jeanne! It was so much fun to make too.