Monday, June 1, 2009

BEAD AND BUTTON: DAY 1

Fine silver and Faux Bone pendant by Robert Dancik and Louise Duhamel


Today was the first day of the Bead and Button Show in Milwaukee.  I am taking a 2 day workshop from Robert Dancik and Louise Duhamel.  We had a fun day in the class.  The project looks really complex, but is actually a series of simple techniques that when combined makes an impressive looking pendant.  I'll have a photo of my piece tomorrow.
I had dinner tonight with Paul, Gail, Anne, Terri, Henriette, and Karen in a great Italian restaurant across the street from the Hyatt.  Paul was mightily out numbered, and I don't think he could have been happier.  I haven't laughed so hard in a really long time.  It's such a strange thing to have friends like these, that you see so infrequently and yet who mean so much to you.

6 comments:

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cindi's blahg blahg blahg said...

Love the pendant - can't wait to see yours! I love that Melissa and Bonnie don't mind putting their cell numbers on the blog. I hope they don't regret it....

Cristina Leonard said...

Hey Melissa and Bonnie,
I really appreciate the comments, but I deleted them, because I didn't think you really wanted your cell phone numbers out there for everybody to see. i wrote them both down and will get in touch soon!
Thanks!
Cris

Melissa said...

I thought about that, but didn't put the 1st 3 numbers so I thought I was ok. Maybe not???? Cris, did you get my other email????

Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.