Saturday, February 7, 2009

A TASTE OF SPRING

The bright sun in the southern sky.

Melting snow, headed on a long journey out to sea.


Today, it is 60 degrees here in Iowa City.  Like they say, if you don't like the weather in Iowa, wait 10 minutes.  Anyway, it's a beautiful day to be out and about.  I even saw dreaded Box Elder bugs flying around outside on the south side of my house.  I guess they come out of their winter stupor when the temperatures are warm enough.  Oh, goody.   I suppose this means they'll be in my basement soon.  Sophie got to spend almost an entire, well-deserved day on the porch watching the birds who were squabbling like they think it's springtime, too.  I can tell that they are enjoying their time in the sun.  I hope you are too, where ever you are.

No comments: