Tuesday, April 27, 2010

STRAWBERRY SEASON IN IOWA

Berry-Go-Round.

Well, not quite yet, but soon. Mmmm, strawberries and vanilla ice cream.......... Sorry, I forgot what I was saying for a second. Anyway, it's spring here in Iowa, and it's been a beautiful one so far. In a few weeks we start being able to grow and buy all of the wonderful things that the Midwest has to offer. Already, my Dad and sisters had a batch of the wonderful, mysterious, most delicious, amazing Morel mushrooms. Can you believe they didn't save me any? I'm heading out tomorrow, hopefully to the lake to search for some of my own(wish me luck!). Anyway, while it's not quite strawberry season yet, I thought I'd share this photo that I took on I-380 South the other day. I took this while driving (my bad!). That's something you don't see every day.

3 comments:

Karen Elmquist said...

Oh my goodness...I could have had a travelling strawberry instead of a PT Cruiser? Why didn't anybody TELL me?

Cristina Leonard said...

I could so totally see cruising down Canadian highways and byways in a giant strawberry. You should look into it!

Karen Elmquist said...

Wouldn't that be amazingly excellent? And so inconspicuous!