Tuesday, April 27, 2010

COLLABORATION


I've been meaning to post this photo since I got back from Santa Fe. This is a lampwork vessel made by my friend Karen Elmquist. I made the bronze collar and chain and sent them to Canada, where she lives. She then used her grinder to shape the vessel's top to fit my collar. It was weird, yet fun to collaborate with someone who lives far away. It was interesting to see what would become of the part that I did and how it would relate to what she created. I liked it. I need to make the collars much bigger as she makes wonderfully large beads and the throat of this one had to be ground quite small to accommodate the bronze. I like it though, especially since she made the bead with one of my favorite flowers, foxglove. I'm looking forward to doing more of these with her. I finally decided to post this today, because both of Karen's submissions into the Bead Dreams competition at the Bead and Button Show were accepted. Well done, Karen! Go to her blog and check them both out.

1 comment:

Karen Elmquist said...

Awww, thanks for the kind words sweetie! I can't wait to make more stuff together.