Wednesday, September 30, 2009

LILY



I haven't posted so far this week, but I think I have a good excuse. Her name is Lily and she weighs less than 2 pounds, but boy does she have a lot of energy! We adopted her this week from Bonnie, one of my students and friends. It wasn't an easy choice for me to adopt another kitty. My heart is still so broken after losing my Maxie last year. But, when Bonnie contacted me about this little sweetheart, something inside me said that my other kitty Sophie would be happier with someone to play with. I know she misses Max as much as Paul and I do. No kitty will ever replace him, he was the only being that I can honestly say that I loved the first moment that I saw him. I think I will miss him for all of the rest of my days. But I'm beginning to see that having another little kitten in my life doesn't mean that I have to forget him, in fact quite the opposite. She reminds me of all of the goofy things he did as a kitten. She makes me smile and I think she'll be good for all of us.

7 comments:

Niki said...

Hehehe! She looks adorable! Hopefully she'll help everyone in the house heal.

Vickie Hallmark said...

Awwwww! I wish I were young again and didn't know that I'm asthmatic and allergic to cats. I adore them, but have vowed not to challenge my body again. I'll just live vicariously through all of you friends getting new babies. Sniff!

Gail said...

She's so cute!!! And I love the picture...gives a whole new meaning to worshiping at the porcelain shrine. I've been there before but my head was in the bowl, not looking towards heaven. Glad you got another kitty. My two are always by my side.

Karen Elmquist said...

So sweet! I know she will bring lots of love and laughter with her.

Cristina Leonard said...

Thanks you guys! I already adore her. I can tell she's gonna be trouble!

Suz said...

Hey she looks so cute! I can't wait to meet her this weekend. It looks like she's saying "Is this OK to drink?

Jeanne Craine said...

She is beautiful. Congratulations!