Thursday, September 24, 2009

ENAMEL!

A palette of enamel and fine silver hearts in various states of assembly, getting ready to be made into earrings for my fall shows. The finished ones are in the center of the palette.

A close up of copper hearts enameled in Sea Green, from Schauer Enamels. I love their enamel colors, they're luscious!

I'm teaching an torch-firing on copper enameling class at Bead Haven this Saturday, and fortunately or unfortunately (depending upon your perspective!) it's full. We've added an all day enameling class on October 17th from 10-4. We'll have time to get a little bit more involved in the nuances of enamels and work on combining colors too. Well have many delicious enamel colors to play with! If you've ever wanted to try enameling, I really encourage you to. I've been having great fun playing with it! If you're interested in the class on October 17th, please call Bead Haven at 319-247-2323

3 comments:

Vickie Hallmark said...

Cool! Another chance to flame your surroundings! ;-))

Cristina Leonard said...

Vickie, I play with fire at every opportunity!

Karen Elmquist said...

Cris I love these!!!! They are wonderful and have such depth!