Saturday, September 19, 2009

HAPPINESS IS MEAT ON A STICK AND FOOTBALL SATURDAY

Today was one of those picture perfect early fall days.

Paul enjoying meat on a stick. I think this a midwestern thing.

Paul in front of the bronze statue of Nile Kinnick.

Paul checking scores on his phone. We were a little early (like an hour!).

The Hawkeye Marching Band.

Final Score, 27-17.


It was a great day today in Iowa City. It was perfect weather, though a little warm for football. Arizona rolled into town for the afternoon. The Wildcats have a place in my heart because I love Tucson and even lived there for a short time. Also, their coach is Mike Stoops who was a player here during the Hayden Fry era (yet another of the many contributions Hayden Fry made to the sport of college football). The Cats looked tough in the first half, but the second half was mostly the Hawkeye's. We play Arizona again next year in Tucson and I think they'll be a force to be reckoned with. I'm gonna try to be there to see it.

2 comments:

Gail said...

The weather has been beautiful...great for football. Meat on a stick...definetely a midwest thing. Miss You!!

Cristina Leonard said...

See! I thought so too. At the Iowa State Fair there are dozens of things on a stick to eat. My theory is that us midwesterners can't be bothered to sit down to eat!
Miss you too. Let's catch up soon.