Sunday, May 3, 2009

DAD'S NEW TOY


A few weeks ago I gave my Dad my Apple PowerBook G4.  Dad has been interested in learning how to use a computer for a long time.  I got a new Mac Book Pro at Christmas time and I thought it was a good time for him to give it a whirl.  So on his 75th birthday, Paul and I took the Powerbook up to Mom and Dad's house.  We bookmarked a ton of websites on carving, wildlife, birds, space, airplanes, etc., so he could learn about the Internet by surfing along on it.  My sister Jamie tells me that Dad is on the computer all the time now.  Though they shouldn't be, a lot of people his age would let themselves be intimidated by computers and the Internet.  He's a lot less intimidated than I was when I was learning.  The other day he berated me for not updating my blog often enough!  Uh Oh!  I'd better watch what I say!  I'm really proud of you Dad!

No comments: