Sunday, May 3, 2009

BIG WEEKEND: PART 2

Bo Ramsey, at The Mill in Iowa City on May 2nd.


Bo's new CD, 'Fragile'.


On Saturday, I had a trunk show in Waterloo, Iowa at a cute store called Bead Happy.  We had a nice but very windy day and I even got a bit sunburned.  It was fun and I had good sales and met a lot of really nice folks.  Thanks to Penny, Patti and everyone else at Bead Happy.
When I got home that night, Paul and I met friends, Suzi and Gary at The Mill in Iowa City to see the legendary blues guitarist, Bo Ramsey.  Bo is an Iowa native who's been playing roots/blues music for three decades.  Bo has played in bands with and produced records for people like Lucinda Williams and Greg Brown.  He was at the Mill with his new band 'The Mystery Lights' in support of his new record, 'Fragile'.  It's been a long time since Bo has fronted his own band, so we were really looking forward to the show.   My friends and I have been huge fans of his since college.  He didn't disappoint.  Check out his music here.

No comments: