Monday, March 1, 2010

MY MOM



My family lost our beloved Mom a couple of days ago. She was only 73 years old. She passed away peacefully after a month long struggle. Actually my Mom had struggled with her health for years, surviving illnesses that should have taken her many times over. I know that I should be grateful for that, but right now I'm not, I just want her back. She was the strongest, funniest, most generous person that you could imagine. I know that all of our lives will go on, it's just that right now, it's hard to imagine life without her in it.
One thing that I know for sure is that I have the most amazing friends that anyone could possibly have. You are all scattered near and far, but you are all in my heart and I hope you know how much your love and support means to me. "Thank you" is simply inadequate, but it's all I can think to say, so thank you.

8 comments:

Anne E. Mitchell said...

My friend, mt heart and prayers are with you and your family and I am sending you hugs and love. There are no good words to share in the loss of a parent. You have been in my thoughts since I heard the news. All of my love to you and Paul and the rest of your family.
A

Gail said...

The pain you feel will ease with time. She will always be with you...in your heart and in you mind and in the things that she taught you. Love to you and your family.

Suz said...

Cris and Paul,
You know that you don't have to say anything. Another thing that probably doesn't get spoken out loud enough is how much I love you. I'm keeping you and all your family in my heart.

Vickie Hallmark said...

Oh, Christina, my heart just goes out to you. My mother is in hospice right now, so this hits very close to home.
Hugs to you and yours.

Melissa said...

Oh Cris, I had no idea. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I will be thinking of you and praying for you to have strength to get through this difficult time!

Wendy said...

Chris,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I still miss my mom after 17 years. No words can ease your pain. I am just so sorry.
Wendy

Karen Elmquist said...

Sendng love, dear heart.

Rosemary said...

May God grant His peace and comfort to you and yours during this most difficult time.