Wednesday, March 11, 2009

SANTA FE FUN

Gail and I at The Shed.

Anne, looking good in a fedora.

Gail, in... I don't know what that is.

I love salvage yards.  There is so much to find inspiring.





I arrived in Albuquerque yesterday afternoon, waited about an hour for my friend Gail to come in from Cleveland and then we made the 50 minute drive to Santa Fe.  We went out to dinner last night to a really good place that Gail knew about, weirdly named The Shed.  A strange name for a really good, authentic New Mexican restaurant.  We had a great dinner and some nice margaritas too!  Today, we went to a fantastic architectural salvage yard that's near where we are staying.  I wish I had a U-Haul.  I took some pictures, though you weren't supposed to.  I confess, I couldn't help myself.  We walked around and perused the many galleries that Santa Fe has to offer, most too expensive to be believed, but beautiful, none the less.  Anne, Gail and I tried on silly hats in a custom hat store.  I don't know why, but every time we are together, we end up trying on hats.  It was a fun day.  
Tomorrow, we set up for the show, which has it's preview tomorrow night.  I'm happy to have my very generous friend, Gail here with me to help.  I'm sure we'll have fun. Everyone should have a friend like that.  

2 comments:

Jeanne Craine said...

Cris, I'm so glad your blogging while you are in New Mexico-I so look forward to your adventures there! (Oh...and you are missing 9 degree weather.) Jeanne

Jeanne Craine said...

oops, ...so glad "you're" blogging... IT IS LATE!!