Wednesday, April 2, 2014

SPRING AND ALL


                                             









It's been a while since I've posted. Not sure how that happened! Anyway, I stopped by to wish you all Happy Spring! Now, I know that today is not the first day of spring. That happened about ten days ago.
Today, for some reason, it finally feels like spring to me. The air smells different, there are things coming up in the yard. Also, today is the day that I start my seeds for my vegetable garden. Some people start them a bit earlier, but I find that the seedlings do better if they aren't left under the artificial lights too long. They get kind of leggy. Funny how they know that the light that they are growing under isn't really the sun. Just like we all hunger for the feeling of the sunlight on our skin so do they.
So today I'm taking a break from making jewelry to get my hands dirty, in a different way than I usually do. Often in the fall, after all of the work is done and the snow begins to fall, I feel like maybe the garden is too much work, that maybe I just wont do it next year. Then spring comes around. This day, April 2nd is the day that was my Dad's birthday. On this day (and on every other) I think about my Dad and my Mom, who loved being outside probably above almost anything else. I know that's why I do too. So, on this early spring day any of those thoughts from November blow away with a gust of spring wind. Strange how that happens.   :-)

No comments: